3-Day Arizona Classic Mountain Bike Tour
Select your date
All Mountain, Cross Country
United States Of America
3-Day Arizona Classic Mountain Bike Tour
Guided Mountain Biking Tour of Arizona’s Sonoran Desert Singletrack
Over three days you will ride rolling singletrack with amazing views of the lushest desert in the world and magnificent mountain ranges surrounding you.
If we have had a rainy year, expect seas of vibrant wildflowers during the spring months. Nobody knows Arizona’s central Sonoran Desert better than the guides who live and ride here.
During rest breaks, your guide’s knowledge of the flora, fauna, geology, and history of this unique eco-system will fascinate you.
Highlights of this trip include a remote basecamp retreat packed with amenities, incredible views and fabulous mountain bike trails that can accommodate fit novices and experts alike.
This amazing mountain biking trip begins in the heart of the Sonoran Desert, the warmest of all the North American deserts, where extraordinary singletrack, breathtaking views, towering cacti and perfect 75-degree weather await you.
All this while it’s too cold to ride back home! We will camp in beautiful McDowell Mountain Regional Park in the most scenic part of central Arizona.
Evenings will be filled with stories around the fire while our days are marked with wheel-to-dirt adventures through some of the best designed bike-specific trails around!
Each day you can expect to ride through vast, sweeping desert views, pinned in by scenic mountain ranges and fields of wildflowers or native desert flora.
MCDOWELL SONORAN PRESERVE
11:00am – After meeting our guides and fellow riders at our Scottsdale host hotel, we transfer by van to the McDowell Sonoran Preserve and enjoy a short orientation and picnic lunch before getting ready to ride.
As soon as our bikes are set and our lunch is settled we set out on for a fun and fast descent down the gradual east slope of the McDowell Mountains through an otherworldly landscape of massive rough hewn granite boulders.
The trail features well maintained non-technical singletrack and allows everyone to focus on building their desert riding skill set, watching out for cactus, and learning about the unique environment we are traveling through.
At trail’s end we roll into our well-appointed private basecamp. Bordered by Tonto National Forest to the east and the McDowell Mountains to the west, relax with a cold drink beneath giant cacti and unobstructed views of several rugged mountain ranges.
As the setting sun turns the surrounding mountains shades of purple and pink, enjoy a healthy and delicious meal prepared by your guides.
- Riding: 16 miles on smooth rolling singletrack
- Meals: Breakfast on own, lunch and dinner included
- Lodging: Camping
BROWN’S RANCH – MCDOWELL SONORAN PRESERVE
Rise and shine! Today’s ride will be in the northern section of the McDowell Sonoran Preserve in the Brown’s Ranch area.
There are over 100 miles of pristine desert trails to enjoy here. Originally carved by the motocross community, the trails here have been restored by the McDowell Sonoran Conservancy, they vary from mild to wild and offering exciting rollercoaster-like riding for mountain bikers from beginner to expert.
The landscape here is made up of huge granite boulders and punctuated on all sides with the desert’s most recognizable cactus, the mighty Saguaro.
We’ll take intermittent breaks for photo ops and to enjoy the view so that on the trail you can focus on flowing through the whoopty-doos and carving turns.
- Riding: 20-33+ miles on tight undulating singletrack. Smooth trail surface. Options for various difficulties.
- Meals: All meals included; breakfast at camp, lunch on the trail, dinner at camp.
- Lodging: Camping
MCDOWELL MOUNTAIN REGIONAL PARK
After a delicious fresh breakfast, we will begin a full day of riding the superb trails in McDowell Mountain Regional Park.
Imagine a place created just for mountain bikes, the competitive track at McDowell Mountain Regional Park is that place.
Originally built to serve as the home for the Cactus Cup race, Specialized Bikes provided significant support in the development of this track, which resulted in professionally hand-crafted trails that twist and flow across miles of expertly designed one-way loop trails chiseled out of beautiful Sonoran Desert landscape.
With a time out for lunch and skill building on McDowell’s fun pump track, today’s twisting, turning berms, dips, jumps and straight-aways will make your spirit shine.
By late afternoon we will be back in Scottsdale to say goodbye to a fabulous weekend of singletrack.
- Riding: 20+ miles on tight undulating singletrack. Rocky mixed trail surface.
- Meals: Breakfast and lunch included; breakfast at camp, lunch on the trail
- Lodging: On your own tonight
3 DAYS, 2 NIGHTS
Difficulty: Moderate to Advanced
PRICE- $795 PP
- Price is per person
Trip Rating (1 – 5)
Fitness – 3.5
Comfort – 2.5
Solitude – 4
Guest Participation – 2
Where to Meet
11:00am on Day 1. Meet your guide at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Old Town Scottsdale.
Arrive back at Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Old Town Scottsdale on Day 3 (usually around 4:00pm.).
GUESTS: 2 min to 12 max
- 2 nights camping at Basecamp
- Round-trip ground transportation from Scottsdale host hotel
- Basecamp Group Gear (personal mess kit, kitchen equipment, hand washing station, dish washing station, solar shower, camp chairs, etc.)
- All park entry and camping fees
- Meals starting lunch Day 1 through lunch Day 3
- Water and snacks
- Professional Wilderness First Responder-certified guides/mechanics.
- Personal insurance and expenses
- Air transportation to and from Scottsdale/Phoenix
- Pre- and post-trip lodging
- Airport transfers (available through our host hotel)
- Breakfast Day 1, dinner Day 3
- 4-Person Basecamping Tent (available to rent)
- Sleeping pad (available to rent)
- Sleeping bag (available to rent)
- Bike and helmet(available to rent)
- Bike shipping/building/packing/tuning*
- Personal cycling kit
- Gratuities to formal Guides
- 4-Person Basecamping Tent ($45 per)
- Inflatable sleeping pad ($25 per, sleeping pads add insulation and are required on all trips)
- Sleeping bag and linen set rental ($25 per bag/set)
- 30 to 40 liter daypack ($15 per pack)
- Bike rental is available through us. See the bike rentals tab below
*A bike and helmet are not included with the cost of this trip.*
- Bike building/packing/tuning ($125) when you ship to destination – Find out more
- Purchase: 3-liter Camelbak reservoir/bladder ($35)
Optional upgrades, additions, and rentals subject to tax (7.95%).
Bike Rental Options
This trip does not include a rental bike.
We offers rental mountain bikes in various performance levels.
Each bike rental includes a helmet and flat repair kit.
You are welcome to bring your own pedals and saddle to use with our rental bikes.
3 level of bike rentals - please contact for details
High Performance Full Suspension
Performance Full Suspension
Reservations, Payments and Cancellation
Winter mountain bike tours are very popular and advanced planning is often necessary.
We recommend making your reservations at least 3 to 5 months in advance.
We can accommodate last minute bookings provided space is available, so please call our office to check.
Each trip requires a minimum number of participants for departure.
MTBDoz reserves the right to cancel scheduled trips that do not meet minimum sign-up requirements (usually 4 guests).
We strongly recommend that you purchase “travel insurance”. This is a valuable tool that will protect your trip investment.
For more details please see our comprehensive Trip Policies and Payments page.
We recommend Travel Guard insurance.